The Beatles Biography
- The Beatles were an English rock band, formed in Liverpool in 1960 and one of the most popular, critically acclaimed acts, and commercially successful in the history of popular music. The "Fab Four" George Harrison (guitar, sitar, vocals), John Lennon (guitar, keyboards, vocals), Paul McCartney (bass, guitar, keyboards, vocals) and Ringo Starr (drums, percussion, vocals), startled the ears and energized the lives of virtually all who heard them. They simply changed the music world ...
of Elvis Presley
- A cultural icon, Elvis Aaron Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, on January 8, 1935. An American musician and actor, Elvis is often referred to as the "King of Rock and Roll" or simply "the King". is regarded as one of the most important figures of 20th-century popular culture. He had a versatile voice and unusually wide success encompassing many genres, including country, pop ballads, gospel, and blues. Even after death, Elvis Presley keeps selling his music, which in the present has surpassed the figure of 1000 million records sold ...
of Bing Crosby
- Bing Crosby was one of the biggest music and movie stars of the mid-20th century. Born on May 3, 1903, Bing Crosby's career stretched over more than half a century from 1926 until his death. Crosby was the best-selling recording artist until well into the rock era, with over half a billion records in circulation ...
of Frank Sinatra
- Born on December. 12, 1915, in Hoboken, N.J.Frank, Sinatra was arguably the most important popular music figure of the 20th century, his only real rivals for the title being Bing Crosby, Elvis Presley, and the Beatles. His popularity as a singer and his productivity has resulted in an overwhelming discography ...
of Michael Jackson
- The King of Pop and American superstar Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana, on August 29, 1958. Popular all over the world, Michael Jackson one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. Other achievements include several Guinness World Records; 15 Grammy Awards (including the Living Legend Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award); 26 American Music Awards, 17 number-one singles in the US (including four as a member of The Jackson 5); and estimated world sales of over 780 million records, making him one of the best-selling recording artists ever ...
of Led Zeppelin
- Formed in 1968 by Jimmy Page (guitar), Robert Plant (vocals, harmonica), John Paul Jones (bass guitar, keyboards, mandolin), and John Bonham (drums), Led Zeppelin was the definitive heavy metal band. They are regularly cited as one of the progenitors of heavy metal and hard rock music ...
- Madonna, born on August. 16, 1958, is a famous American pop singer, songwriter, and actress. Her first hit single, "Holiday" (1983), forged an upbeat dance club sound that sold 70 million albums by 1991, including Like a Virgin (1984). Many consider Madonna a promotional genius for her ability to reinvent herself ...
of Rod Stewart
- Born in Highgate, North London, on 10th January 1945, Roderick David "Rod" Stewart, CBE is a British singer-songwriter born and raised in London, England and currently residing in Epping. Stewart came to prominence in the late 1960s and early '70s with The Jeff Beck Group and then Faces. He is known for his distinctive raspy singing voice ...
of Pink Floyd
- One of rock music's most critically acclaimed and commercially successful acts, Pink Floyd were an English rock band who earned recognition for their psychedelic music in the late 1960s and, as they evolved in the 1970s, for their progressive rock music. Their work is marked by the use of philosophical lyrics, sonic experiments, innovative album cover art, and huge live shows ...
- One of the world's most popular bands, Aerosmith was formed in 1970, when vocalist Steven Tyler met guitarist Joe Perry. Bassist Tom Hamilton and guitarist Ray Tabano, joined the group, later Ray was replaced by Brad Whitford and they added drummer Joey Kramer ...
The Beach Boys Biography
- Beginning their career as the most popular surf band in the nation, the Beach Boys finally emerged by 1966 as America's preeminent pop group. The Beach Boys have often been called "America's Band and their unerring ability made them America's first and best rock band ...
of Donna Summer
- Born on December 31, 1948, Donna Summer was the real Queen of Disco with a pop/dance/rock sound that was a hybrid of American soul and European synthesizer based music. Summer's musical career was launched on stage in Munich, Germany, in productions of Hair and Porgy & Bess. Her birth Name was LaDonna Adrian Gaines ...
of Mariah Carey
- Mariah Carey was born in Long Island, New York, on March 27, 1969. She is an American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress. She made her recording debut in 1990 under the guidance of Columbia Records executive Tommy Mottola, and became the first recording artist to have her first five singles top the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart ...
of Phil Collins
- Born on 30 January 1951, Philip David Charles "Phil" Collins is an English singer cum songwriter, drummer, keyboardist and actor. He is best known as a drummer and vocalist for English progressive rock group Genesis and as a solo artist ...
The Rolling Stones Biography
- Known for many popular hits, such as Paint it Black, Lady Jane and Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones are an English rock band, formed in 1962 in London when guitarist and harmonica player Brian Jones and pianist Ian Stewart were joined by vocalist Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards
of Tina Turner
- Turner's solo career took off with a remake of Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" in 1983. Her much anticipated solo album, Private Dancer, won four Grammy Awards and sold well over 20 million copies worldwide. Tina Turner is one of the undisputed queens of soul, R&B, and rock ...
of Stevie Wonder
- Stevie Wonder, born Steveland Morris, was made blind as the result of a hospital error soon after his birth. However, he was born with the gift of songwriting. He mastered Motown's distinctive fusion of pop and soul and went on to compose far more idiosyncratic music ...
of Britney Spears
- Britney Jean Spears (born December 2, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, author and entertainer. More than any other single artist, Britney Spears can be credited for the return of teen pop in the late '90s ...
of Bryan Adams
- Bryan Adams (born November 5, 1959) is a successful Canadian singer and songwriter. Bryan Adams rose to popularity in 1983 with the release of his third album, "Cuts Like A Knife" ...
of Jennifer Lopez
- Jennifer Lynn Lopez (born July 24, 1969), often nicknamed J.Lo, is an American actress, singer, record producer, dancer, fashion designer and television artists. Lopez's first big break came in 1997, when she was chosen to play the title role in Selena ...
of Johnny Cash
- The legendary musician Johnny Cash was born February 26, 1932, in Kingsland, Arkansas. From an early age Cash showed a love for the music that enveloped his life. He first picked up the guitar at the age of 12. He made his first single, "Hey Porter", for Sun Records in 1955 ...
- Born (February 2, 1977)) in Barranquilla, Colombia, Shakira's first steps in her creative life were developed at a very early age. After release of her musical "Laundry", Shakira went from a Latin American superstar to a global superstar loved by people all over the world
of Beyonce Knowles
- Beyonce Knowles grew up listening to songs of Anita Baker and Luther Vandross, the latter of whom she eventually collaborated with, but often credits as her pop music hero Michael Jackson and pop icon Madonna Ciccone as the reason why she does music and she states Michael Jackson as her hero. Beyonce Knowles is a singer, actress, dancer and fashion designer
We strive to develop AllFamousArtists.com as a valuable reference
for music artists, students and music lovers interested in the biography
and music of famous music artists
. Listening to music of famous artists of
past and present can teach us many things, including
composition, lyrics and much more. Similarly, reading biographies
of music artists will not only make us knowledgeble, but can be
great source of inspiration. We have researched and then tried to
feature some of the most famous music artists past and present. Hope this collection will be of help to you all. If you think that we have missed
some famous music artist, then please tell us! You can
also purchase the photographs
of your favourite artists in
form of posters or prints.
Follow us on